macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Vawymia
    Re: Big Thanks to Scott
    None! Everything is in the box.
  • the Warden
    That's pretty interesting. I want to start using more hardware, ever since I bought my DBX, M One and UA M-610 I think I'm really starting to understand the term GEAR SLUT : )
  • Rounik Admin
    Ha! It's a slippery slope... music and gear ;-) @ Scott - re: your blog idea. Sounds good. Let's chat offline about it. :)
  • Vawymia
    The "in the box" vs. "out of the box" discussion is always an interesting one. When I first built my studio (10 years ago), I had lots of effect units, keyboards, and more outboard gear. Most of this hardware has gone the way of my Tascam DA-98 -- that is to say, it's been sold on eBay! For me, the convenience of pulling up a session with all of my settings intact combined with the lower cost and improved quality of software plug-ins has made the "in the box" solution the right one for me. I find many composers doing everything in software but sending out stems to a hardware unit (e.g. a mixer) to sum and mix. Whatever gets you to the sound you want at a price you can afford!
  • the Warden
    Hey FrotSkyman, I'm just really getting into mixing my own stuff (properly) and have been learning quite a bit form tutorials and just trying to train my ears. I've been using plugins but really wanted to get myself a couple of nice pieces to go out of the box and back in. So far I have a DBX compressor on my master and am looking to buy an A-Designs EQ, either the Hammer or the new EM-EQ2 to put before the compressor. I really like feeling the knobs and to actually hear what I'm doing without concentrating on the screen. Anyway, yeah it's pretty interesting.
You must be logged in to post a reply
Subscribe to receive an email for each new post on this thread. Please login
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: