macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Vi Studios
    New to "Post Hardcore" mixing
    I'm looking to get some help mixing hardcore/post hardcore music. I mostly specialize in electronic and industrial music so this is a completely new territory for me. Does anyone here have any experience mixing and mastering stuff similar to Born Of Osiris, A Day to Remember, etc.?
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: New to "Post Hardcore" mixing
    Hi Not personally. Did you have any specific questions about mixing in this style we could help with? :)
    My advice is to get drumagog. Period. Having your drums replaced by normalized samples is the only way you will compete with those genres. I really think if you spend a lot of time focusing on the best drum sound, the rest will fall into place. Drums are the hardest to get right. Do A LOT of listening and really focus on the type of sound the drums make and their relationship to te mix. Next, with screaming, I would learn how to manipulate compressors (via attack/release) to make the screams crispy and almost replicate that "cup-the-hand-over-the-mic" sound. Couple things Ive learned over the years (the few I've been barely doing this) ;-) hope this helps!!
You must be logged in to post a reply
Subscribe to receive an email for each new post on this thread. Please login
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: