macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Fabicio
    if my job only has pro tools 8...
    are there any negatives of learning Pro Tools from the Version 10 videos?? will i encounter any set backs using 8 besides the obvious new features? or should i just get the Version 8 videos? thanks
  • GaryHiebner
    Re: if my job only has pro tools 8...
    You will still be able to learn information from some of the Pro Tools 10 videos. Just some of the newer features will be missing from Pro Tools 8. Like maybe skip 'Pro Tools 10 100 - Whats new in Pro Tools 10.' Maybe start with the [url]http://www.macprovideo.com/tutorial/protools8101[/url], then move through to the other Pro Tools tutorials.
  • Fabicio
    Thanks for your reply. i understand the newer features will be missing from 8 but will all the normal features in the 10 videos still apply to 8? maybe i should be asking is 10 a total revamp of PT or do the basic and common features stay the same? like keyboard short cuts, same common tools, plug ins, etc.. id rather learn the newest thing because my job will eventually upgrade, but again i dont want to be stuck wondering how to do something i learned from the 10 videos in 8 (again minus the new features) thanks again
  • GaryHiebner
    Hi djcymph, I am still working on PT 9 so I cannot say for certain. But it looks like most of the main features are still the same. There has not been a big revamp. The interface still looks the same as 9, which looks similar to 8 as well. Maybe some of the other users using PT 10 can pitch in and give some other pointers?
You must be logged in to post a reply
Subscribe to receive an email for each new post on this thread. Please login
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: