macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Jideseo
    Playback Engine Dialog
    When I press play, it stops and I get: "Increase H/W Buffer Size in Playback Engine Dialog". Please tell me. Where do I find the Playback Engine Dialog? Tim
  • GaryHiebner
    Re: Playback Engine Dialog
    Hi Tim, What version of ProTools are you using? It should be under Setup > Playback Engine. In there you can set your H/W buffer size. You normally reduce the buffer size when you are recording audio to reduce the latency. Then you increase it during the mixing stage when you are adding plugins.
  • Jideseo
    Dear Gary, I'm using ProTools 10. My Playback Engine Dialog shows that: I'm using an M-Audio Firewire410 H/W Buffer Size: 32 Samples Host Processors: 2 Processors (I've got a Mac Mini 2.66 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo) CPU Usage Limit 85% Host Engine: Now UNticked. It came TICKED as default (All clicks and pops! Duh!) Delay Compensation Engine: None Plug-In Streaming Buffer: Level 2 [ ] Optimise for Streaming Content: UNticked Is this OK or should I change some values? Best regards, Tim
  • GaryHiebner
    Sounds like your Mac may be struggling with the 32 sample rate. Try increasing it to 64 or 128 sample rate. This should resolve the problem.
You must be logged in to post a reply
Subscribe to receive an email for each new post on this thread. Please login
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: