macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Rc
    paning
    hi guys I was just watching 'the art of recoding the Mix' great tutorial!one thing puzzled me though.the panning!! on the drums I can see how the engineer established if the clip was either stereo or mono.with the drums and bass he then panned them hard right and left out of the box to the ssl.!! I am working in the box and if I have bass or drums as stereo and pan them hard left and right I tend to loose the punch.and if I pan them dead centre I find that my middle is too busy.what I am I doing wrong? how should stereo bass and drums be panned? regards Charles.
  • GaryHiebner
    Re: paning
    What DAW are you using?
  • Rc
    hi I am on pro tools 10.1. thanks
  • Rc
    and also how would I pan the buses if for example I created a drum bus,keys etc.would they all be stereo panned hard L and R? I am producing hip hop/pop /Rnb all using sampled sounds. Cheers
  • GaryHiebner
    The only solution I can think is to bus out your stereo drums to a mono bus channel. Then you will be able to do the panning. See if this works: Create a mono Bus channel, and then on your stereo drums see if you can choose the mono bus channel as the output. Then you can apply the necessary panning. If you create a Drum bus channel it is recommended to be stereo, and the panning will be a combination of the different panned elements to it (such as the kick, snare, hats, cymbals, toms, etc...)
You must be logged in to post a reply
Subscribe to receive an email for each new post on this thread. Please login
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: