macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Jideseo
    Can't input Midi
    I'm running ProTools on a Mac Mini with 10.7.3 I have an instrument track which is not showing any Midi input (when I play my keyboard) even though I have checked its input is set to In 1-2. I have another instrument track which WILL receive Midi input, even though its input is set to No Input! I also have other working instrument tracks which appear to have identical settings to the non working track. What IS going on? Tim
  • GaryHiebner
    Re: Can't input Midi
    What version of ProTools are you running. And what MIDI controller are you using?
  • Jideseo
    Thanks for getting back to me. I use ProTools 10, and my input keyboard is a Yamaha Motif ES7. In between is an emagic mt4 and an M-Audio Firewire 410. Bizarrely, the other tracks work OK. Why one track should be problematic beats me. Regards, Tim
  • GaryHiebner
    I have had this before and it normally relates to a corrupt Logic preference file. You will need to trash the Logic preference file. Take a look at this article on how to trash your Logic preference files: [url]http://www.macprovideo.com/hub/logic-pro/trash-talk-guide-reset-logics-preference-files[/url] Make sure to backup/export the appropriate files before trashing the preference files. Then test after if the Logic issue still persists.
You must be logged in to post a reply
Subscribe to receive an email for each new post on this thread. Please login
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: