macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Jideseo
    Sound not going to interface
    Oh dear, yet more crazy ProTools woes! ProTools was fine last night, but this morning, it insists on playing back through the computer's tiny speaker instead of through the M-Audio Firewire 410 and my studio speakers. My Mac Mini's System Preferences are correctly set to the M-Audio, and Logic and iTunes perform perfectly so it's definitely something in ProTools. However, I had a look in ProTools Setup and it looked OK to me Aaaaaagh! Best regards, Tim
  • Jideseo
    Re: Sound not going to interface
    Er... As I powered down, I discovered that Audio Midi Setup had become launched (as a result of me generally poking around?) On opening the Audio Midi Setup window, I found that the M-Audio Firewire 410 wasn't ticked. So I ticked it and now it's OK. How/why did this problem spontaneously happen? - no idea! Sorry to cause a panic. Please have a cup of tea! Best regards
  • GaryHiebner
    Re: Sound not going to interface
    Haha, glad you sorted it out Tim. You are definitely having some strange PT issues. But least you are getting to the bottom of them. The good thing is that we always learn from these troubleshooting, and the next time it happens you will know straight away how to resolve it.
You must be logged in to post a reply
Subscribe to receive an email for each new post on this thread. Please login
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: