macProVideo.com
Forums
  • i55
    settings in protools 8.0.4
    i have a acer aspire 5733 i3-370m 500hdd 4gb ram.im running pt 8.0.4 and now and again i have some audio problems it some times gliches out and have a harsh static type noise coming threw.and ive got to go to the play back engine and change settings.is there a specific setting or will i always have them problems?.i know it not the best laptop to be running a daw like protools but thats all i can aford at the minute.
  • GaryHiebner
    Re: settings in protools 8.0.4
    What CPU processor do you have on the unit? Is it a 2.4Ghz Dual Core? And what operating system are you running? Windows 7? It sounds like it may be that that laptop is not powerful enough. You could add more RAM into the unit to help.
  • i55
    yes im windows 7 and yes its 2.4ghz dual core.surely its got enough in it to run protools im not running big projects either and not alot of plug ins.i am in the process of saving money to upgrade my computer but untill then i got to deal with the one i got.thanks.
  • GaryHiebner
    When you change the playback engine to a buffer size of 1024 samples do you still have problems? Normally you change to the highest size when you are playing back audio. You only need to reduce the buffer size to lower amounts when you are recording as latency comes into play. The lower the buffer size, the lower the latency.
  • i55
    thank you gary i will try that out thanks again.
You must be logged in to post a reply
Subscribe to receive an email for each new post on this thread. Please login
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: