macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Dre
    Mixing
    So I recorded a session on computer A (let's call it) at 88.2 the other day. Session tracked fine, played back fine at remote location on computer A. Today I'm trying to mix the session on computer B and... about every 3 seconds I get a strange audio anomaly... Almost like a static sound... Over the recorded audio. I tried bouncing down to 44.1 and that seems to have cleared up the problem, but I don't want to bounce EVERY track down to just load them back into a 44.1 session. Any idea what could cause this issue? I'm using a Digi002 as interface/control surface. Computer A is an Intel i7 950. Computer B is an AMD Phenom II X6. But that shouldn't matter since the clock is set to internal, which means it SHOULD be coming from the Digi002, right? ARGHH! I've gotta get this mixed today... Client is waiting! HELP!!
  • GaryHiebner
    Re: Mixing
    It is only that specific project where the clicking sound appears or does it happen in any project you open up on Computer B? For example do you have any other Protools projects that worked on Computer A, that you can try on Computer B? This way we can figure out if it is project based or system based.
  • Dre
    On both computers. Whenever I have pro tools open for long period of time the static sound will come on. It happen in every project i open , even when i insert an effect it just get worse.
  • Dre
    On both computers. Whenever I have pro tools open for long period of time the static sound will come on. It happen in every project i open , even when i insert an effect it just get worse.
  • GaryHiebner
    That is very strange. Are you saying the popping sound happens on both computers or only on computer B?If it is only computer B, then it is not ProTools. It sounds like it is something defective on computer B. Can you try a different audio interface on Computer B and see if it does the same thing? What version of Protools are you using?
  • star
    Could be bad cord firewire or usb maybe buffer . i had that once but a message appeared saying a bad firewire cord not reading . rebooted checked all connections problem solved .few things it could be though bad cable popped on recording . maybe your computer isn't set right for program . check all connections.
You must be logged in to post a reply
Subscribe to receive an email for each new post on this thread. Please login
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: