macProVideo.com
Forums
    to mix with vsti or wav....
    that is the question... I recently bought "mastering in pro tools" and "mixing pop in pro tools." Even though I don't use pro tools (I use reaper) I have found these 2 videos to be really excellent. Both of them have brought up the same question for me though. Why do all of the tracks in these videos contain wav files? I ask because usually everything except guitars in my compositions are done using vsti's. Is there an advantage to using wav files instead? I know processing power is an issue, but my computer never complains. So my better guess is that it may have something to do with fixing phase issues? Hey, if it's better to use wav's instead - then that's what I'll do. It's just that I hadn't given it much though before. The videos I'm talking about begin with all tracks containing wav files, and make no mention of vsti's being used earlier in the workflow. Thanks!
    that is the question... I recently bought "mastering in pro tools" and "mixing pop in pro tools." Even though I don't use pro tools (I use reaper) I have found these 2 videos to be really excellent. Both of them have brought up the same question for me though. Why do all of the tracks in these videos contain wav files? I ask because usually everything except guitars in my compositions are done using vsti's. Is there an advantage to using wav files instead? I know processing power is an issue, but my computer never complains. So my better guess is that it may have something to do with fixing phase issues? Hey, if it's better to use wav's instead - then that's what I'll do. It's just that I hadn't given it much though before. The videos I'm talking about begin with all tracks containing wav files, and make no mention of vsti's being used earlier in the workflow. Thanks!
You must be logged in to post a reply
Subscribe to receive an email for each new post on this thread. Please login
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: