macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Toxoxyy
    Pro Tools 10 103 Recording Audio bad advice?
    In Pro Tools 10 103 Recording Audio, 2. Preparing to Record, the advice given is record with as much signal as possible, just "not into the red". Shouldn't you records at a much lower level than "not into the red"? This seems to be bad advice on what is probably the most crucial point of this course. What level should we aim for when recording audio in pro tools, and why?
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Pro Tools 10 103 Recording Audio bad advice?
    Hi billcarroll, I'd recommend the same advice as in this post: [url]http://www.macprovideo.com/forum/audio/logic-pro/40986[/url] Basically, it's not bad advice to make sure you record with decent signal without clipping... but, it's not necessary when recording at a bit depth of 24 or higher to generally record at levels which exceed -18 or -12dB on your input. Hope this helps, R
  • Lung
    Re: Pro Tools 10 103 Recording Audio bad advice?
    Like Rounik said, I aim for around -12dBFS when recording, leaving room for peaks. That or I aim for a reasonable level that's audibly in the sweet spot of my converters, where it's clean and far from distortion but still gives me about 12 to 16 dB of headroom.
You must be logged in to post a reply
Subscribe to receive an email for each new post on this thread. Please login
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: