macProVideo.com
Forums
  • VHF
    Pro Tools too slow
    Hi there, I have a few problem with my pro tools LE ( 8.05). The program is very very slow... I'm working with a shortfilm (20 min, 200 MB, mp4). RIght now I'm doing just the sound and no music then I'm using only audio files. I really don't understand why the program is so slow. for example when I do crossfade, when I sync the audio with the picture. I have: Mini - Mbox, MacPro 2x 2.4 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon and 16GB of memory. (MAc Osx 10.6.8) What is going on? Any advice? Thank you very much for your attention. Best regards
  • GaryHiebner
    Re: Pro Tools too slow
    What sample rate and buffer size are you using in your ProTools project? Try increasing the buffer size to see if this improves it. Is the project you working on on your main system drive or on an external hard drive? If external what is the connection? USB or Firewire? If USB, try copying the project to your main system drive and run the project to see if the speeds and performance are better.
  • VHF
    Thanks Gary for your reply, see I'm using: [url=http://www.macprovideo.com/forum/upload/upload/server/php/savedfiles/files/mpv_42211_202559_Schermata_2013-05-26_a_20.46.51.png] [img]http://www.macprovideo.com/forum/upload/upload/server/php/savedfiles/thumbnails/mpv_42211_202559_Schermata_2013-05-26_a_20.46.51.png[/img] [/url] And also I'm working with Sample Rate 48KHz, clock internal. The project is in my main system. Can you see something wrong? Thanks
  • GaryHiebner
    Gosh, I don't see anything wrong with your audio setup. Does this happen with ever project or only some? For example, if you start a new project. Pull in a movie and try sync some music to it. See if the same issue happens. Then you can narrow it down to a project-specific issue.
You must be logged in to post a reply
Subscribe to receive an email for each new post on this thread. Please login
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: