macProVideo.com
Forums
  • boofer
    sound design
    Martin I have your book on peachpit and I just ordered the tutorial. I was just wondering your opinion on how close soundtrack pro 2 is to pro tools. Because I was just introduced to pro tools, and I hate it. So I decided to really try exploiting soundtrack pro to the fullest! thanks, keep up the good work!
  • Martin
    Re: sound design
    Hmmm, well .. the last time I used pro tools was about 5 years ago, so I'm not sure what the new version is like ... though I'm pretty sure you won't find STP to be a suitable replacement. Frankly, STP is not up to pro standards, at least IMHO ... it has a lot of great features that are highly usable, but I don't think it's up to the task of creating complex scores ... it's too heavy and clunky to work with (try putting 20 or 30 tracks with effects on them through STP), and there's also no MIDI, which will limit you severally. I personally only use it for simple scores or occasionally to clean up some audio. On the flip side, STP is an AWESOME tool for analyzing and repairing audio ... but really, that's the only area that it excels. Personally, I'd look at Logic ... While the video side of Logic is not as well developed as it could (should) be, it's usable for most situations, and you can't beat Logic for the pure act of making music and soundtracks ... Logic is an incredible audio tool.
  • boofer
    Re: sound design
    Thanks for the reply, I really like the stuff being done on logic. I want to use something, that is not pro tools, I have checked out cubase4 and was just seeing what else I could use? Because I can't stress how much I hate pro tools! thanks Martin
You must be logged in to post a reply
Subscribe to receive an email for each new post on this thread. Please login
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: