macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Jyhidey
    Trilian
    Hi, I bought Trilian 101 tutorial, and got a little question in chapter 2 (No.6 with MIDI CC), seem's not to clear for me to understand. I can't assign the MIDI CCs, how to do it? how to toggle/get the controler number? I mean, is there any step by step instruction for me. By the way I'm using Logic V9.1.1 on my imac. Please help... :( [i]Ps. Sorry I couldn't find any Trilian room for this question, so here I am :p[/i]
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Trilian
    Hello yve, Thanks for your patience. I'm not certain which section you find unclear... Are you familiar with the Environment in Logic? Do you want to setup a Monitor window to display the MIDI CC coming from your MIDI Controller? You don't need to do this to use MIDI CC's with Trilian, so you can ignore step 1 below. 1. In Logic's Environment simply open the Environment and go to the clicks and ports layer. There you will see the Input View Monitor. 2. Move the knob or button on your MIDI Hardware controller to see the CC message begin sent. 3. Right-click on the part below "Live Mode" to select Show MIDI CC. 4. Right-click on the different articulations as shown and choose MIDI CC Learn. 5. Repeat this process for the other articulations you want assigned to buttons/knobs on your MIDI Controller. Hope that helps. btw, It's fine to post this in the Logic forum :) Rounik
  • Jyhidey
    Hi Rounik, thanx for replied. Actually what I usually got In the environment (Midi click>monitor) is key data (Alphabethical) instead of [b]number[/b] (1-127) which is use to assign the midi cc in the trilian>show midi cc. I've tried as it instructed before I sent my first post in the forum. Also tried as your repied (which is the same thing, only in text style :D) The problem is after the midi learn selected on the selected Articulation I got nothing assigned (no [b]number[/b]). Please, I hope you can assist me more :( Thanx
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi yve, What version of Logic are you running? What version of OSX? Also, what is your MIDI Controller? Do you have knobs and buttons on your MIDI Controller or are you pressing keys? If you are pressing keys then it is no surprise that Logic and Trilian are seeing note event date and not CC data. Thanks! Rounik
  • Jyhidey
    Logic 9.1.1 OS X 10.6.2 M-audio 61es
  • Rounik Admin
    Hello yve, I just googled your M-audio 61es keyboard. It's not designed to be a MIDI Controller / Control surface as such because it appears to have keys and a mod wheel and pitch bend only. If you press a key on your MIDI Keyboard it will send MIDI note data to Logic & Trilian. This is normal. For example if you take a look at this M-Audio keyboard: [url]http://www.m-audio.com/products/en_us/Axiom25.html[/url] It has knobs, buttons and pads that I assume will send MIDI CC data to Logic/Trilian. There is a way to build an environment in Logic to transform certain notes (of a specific octave for example) into MIDI CC data... that could then be recognized by Trilian... It wouldn't be ideal though compared to getting a dedicated control surface or MIDI Controller with the relevant buttons, faders, knobs. Hope that helps Rounik
  • Jyhidey
    My bad... So now I won't hasitate to upgrade it soon then :) My apologize to NED. And especially to you Rounik, Thank you so much, u help us alot :)
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi yve, No apologies required at all! If you have any questions pop back here and we'll do our best to help! Best Rounik
  • Cudufee
    I would assume any M-Audio MIDI controller comes with a software editor which allows you to create/edit the settings of the different MIDI controllers (such as pads, switches, knobs). Most MIDI controllers also offer the possibility to edit these settings without using a dedicated editing software. Doesn't your keyboard allow such editing capabilities?
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: