macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Juno
    Re: Omni video4 midi channels
    This is all much clearer now, regarding multi-output and multi-timbral, been wondering bout it for ages. Especially about routing the muli-timbral sounds to auxes via multi-outputs, gonna check that out. I was reading an article on SOS about this and it said that Logic has two mulit-timbral synths, the EVB3 and the EXS (end of second paragraph). http://www.soundonsound.com/sos/sep07/articles/logictech_0907.htm Though in the manual itself it states on page 228 (logic 9 user manual pdf) "None of the included Logic Pro instruments are multi-timbral". One of them has to got be wrong, right? Thanks
  • Rounik Admin
    Hey Juno! Sure... only one can be correct... That SOS article is using Logic 7, though that shouldn't make a difference... I guess, I never thought of the EVB3 as multi-timbral despite how it responds to different MIDI Channels... at least, it's not Multi-timbral in the way that Stylus RMX, Omnisphere, NI Kontakt etc are Multi-timbral. I'd put this down to semantics - but personally I'd go with the Logic 9 manual on this one. btw, there's some really cool tips on working with Multi-timbral synths in Logic in Steve H's TNT 2 series (videos 18-25). Hope that helps... Rounik
  • Juno
    Hi Rounik, Thanks for clearing that up about the article and the manual. I was reading them and thinking somethings not right. I'm watching lesson 24 right now, have two questions. In the examples there's a keyboard at the bottom (01.12m) with the notes C2, C3 and C4 though the samples above seem to be labeled an octave higher then the keys at the bottom? And at 03.05 he mentions velocity zones, is the example given/graphic a mix of velocity zones and keymapping? As the between D4 and D#5 there are zones for every note and 3 velocity zones for each note. But when we get to the F5 mapping and velocity zone, it covers about 9 keys (all on the same pic)? I noticed in this pic again (01.39) like my first question, if we take C3 to C4 on the keyboard at the bottom, the samples above the keys (C3 to C4) are all C4 to C5 an octave higher. Am I missing something fundamental? Thanks once again!
You must be logged in to post a reply
Subscribe to receive an email for each new post on this thread. Please login
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: