macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Student446888
    Trilian slide lengths
    My question is regarding slides and pitch bending in Trilian, specifically using the Rock P-Bass pick patches. There’s a patch within this category labelled ‘Slide Down’ but the slide is too slow for my current song. Is it possible to adjust the patch so the slide down is faster? Or syncs to my DAW’s tempo? Secondly, is it possible to adjust the pitch bend range in Trilian to greater than two semitones? Thanks all.
  • Joe A
    Re: Trilian slide lengths
    I don't have Trillian here to test, but AFAICT over on the right side of the EDIT page there should be a GLIDE button and Slider -- according to the docs the Slider is supposed to set the speed of the slide (0-2 secs). Re the pitchbend range, I'd look to the MODULATION section (also on the same EDIT page) -- the docs suggest that one of the Silders there should be able to set the depth of pitchbend modulation.. https://support.spectrasonics.net/manual/Trilian/1.4/en/topic/the-edit-page
  • Student446888
    Thanks Joe. I'm not sure we're talking about the same thing re the Glide function. I mean I need a slide down from an E to a C but using the Slide Down sample, the slide programmed into the sample is too slow. I'm wondering if there's a way to adjust that or is there another way to perform slides? Maybe I need to use the pitch wheel in this case but it doesn't sound as good. And considering the price of this instrument I would expect there to be a way.
  • Joe A
    And that GLIDE Slider doesn't change the speed of the slide sample? According to the manual it's supposed to be able to set slide time at any rate up to 2 seconds, but maybe there's some other steps you have to take to get it to work.. Trying to do bass slides with the pitchbend wheel rarely works -- you have to get the rate of bend just so, and it ends up sounding like a fretless slide anyway, since a fretted slide would change pitch in steps, not continuously [that's why bass instruments almost always use slide samples instead]. Again, I don't have Trillian here, but it did sound like there were slides of various lengths/speeds in the demos. I guess if that parameter doesn't do the trick, you could always bounce down a bit of the bassline, extract the slide, and time shift it with the DAW's warp/elastic flex time feature..
  • mPV Support
    Hi, I suggest editing the Start and Start Fade parameters. This should help to get the exact slide time you need. The Pitch Bend range can be set to up or down 24 semitones (2 octaves down, 2 octaves up). I hope it helps!
  • kayleclements
    I’m not in the studio right now. But I believe the sample slide speed is controlled by velocity. I think the higher the velocity the faster the slide up or down depending on patch your using. The glide control is for synth patches, more like controlling portamento rather than the sample glide speed I believe your asking about.
You must be logged in to post a reply
Subscribe to receive an email for each new post on this thread. Please login
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: