macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Rawusio
    Widening Vocals
    Hey everyone, long time watcher, first time poster here :) I am currently watching the 'The Mix' tutorial, and wondered about one of the plug ins used here. I refer to the plugin used to 'widen' the vocals in part 38 of this tutorial. The Eventide 3000 factory. This plugin is like a magic wand! I have wondered my entire production life how to make vocals sound like this, big wide and full of presence! However, I dont have pro-tools, or the plugin, so my question is.. How do you 'thicken' vocals like this with Cubase 6? I have Komplete 8, and all the processing power that comes with that, so I'm sure theres something there somewhere. I just need a nudge in the right direction. Thanks for your time and patience all! :) Art.
  • GaryHiebner
    Re: Widening Vocals
    Hi Art, The Eventide 3000 is a very good Reverb/Delay effect plugin. But you can get similar results with other plugins of the same nature. In Cubase create a bus/aux channel. On this place a reverb, chorus, and delay plugins. The key here is subtlety. So use a small-medium reverb size. For the delay set a very short delay time. Between 10ms-30ms. And the same with the chorus. These bundled effects will act as doubling agents. Now send a bit of your vocals to this channel. As you start increasing the send level, you will notice how this widens the vocals and created a doubling effect to make them more present in the mix. Hope this helps.
  • Rawusio
    Re: Widening Vocals
    I reckon I can do that, thank you Gary I will try that next time I get the chance! :) I have often wondered whether combinations of plugins would provide these 'larger' sounds, just never really known which and how to go about it. This is a step in the right direction, very grateful, thanks. Art.
You must be logged in to post a reply
Subscribe to receive an email for each new post on this thread. Please login
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: