macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Bapuhao
    Babyface Totalmix with Warm Audio WA12
    I have conected a Preamp Warm Audio Wa12 to my RME babyface. With the Babyface alone I had 2 inputs channels in the Totalmix Hardware Inputs : 1- One with a 48V for mic ( AN 1 on Totalmix) 2- The other one with 48V/Inst ( AN 2 on Totalmix) This way I could use with no problem a channel for each as one for the mic and the other one for the acoustic guitar. But since I have connected the preamp ( Warm Audio) I always have to choose the same input ( AN 2) because that's the only way that I get a signal. I don't get anything in the AN 1 and I was wondering how I could get signals in the AN 1 so I can use one for the mic and the other one for the acoustic guitar. When I use the preamp the 48V on AN 1 & the 48/Inst on AN 2 are off. I was wondering if somebody could help me with this. Thank you
  • GaryHiebner
    Re: Babyface Totalmix with Warm Audio WA12
    Thats very strange. Is the input type on AN 1 different to AN 2 on the Babyface? maybe set them to the same input type and see if this corrects it. I don't have an RME device so I can't explain exactly. There must be somewehere in the TotalMix software that you can do this. Setup AN 1 the same as AN 2. Maybe AN 1 is using a Mic input instead of an instrument input. I'm not too sure exactly. maybe if you could send a screenshot of your Total Mix setup, we can get an idea and help.
  • Bapuhao
    Thank you for the answer. I talked to a representative salesman in the music business and he told me that I shouldn't connect a preamp into a preamp. my set-up is: 1-Avantone CV 12 ( tube) mic with power supply that connect: 2-into the Warm audio 12 ( preamp): 3-into an RNC 1773 compressor (really nice compressor): 4-into my audio interface Babyface. I get a buzz sound when I connect my guitar into the Warm audio 12. I just want to know if it's true that it isn't suitable to connect a preamp into another preamp. thank you
  • GaryHiebner
    If you connect a preamp to another preamp it can damage the equipment as unnecessary gain increases can be passed onto the preamps. I wouldn't recommend it. If you connect your guitar straight into the RME audio interface is there still a buzz? Or only when you connect the Warm Audio 12?
  • Bapuhao
    No I don't get a buzz ehen it is connected directly into the Babyface but i kind of figure it out with the Warm audio. I add the PAD button and I get rid of the noise. Thank you
  • GaryHiebner
    Great stuff, glad you figured out how to get rid of the noise with the pad. How high are you setting the gain knob on the Warm Audio. Bringing it up too high may introduce some noise. Which is why when you use the pad to attenuate the gain it gets rid of the noise.
  • Bapuhao
    That's right: i have to put the pad button on to get rid of the noise, If not I have I keep the gain at zero on the warm audio because it will be to loud with the mic & guitar. I bought a very good one ( Avantone CV12 -tube) so it is probably due to the sensivity of the mic. I will have to test it without the warm audio directly into the Babyface. Like I said some say you can bypass the audio interface and while others will say no.
You must be logged in to post a reply
Subscribe to receive an email for each new post on this thread. Please login
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: