Forums
This thread relates to...
Cubase 5 502
Working with Cubase 5 - Level 2
by: skostrey
More Info
  • Student491560
    cubase 6 isntruments adding sound really bad
    hi everybody having an issue and wondering who can give some help here, i am in a middle of learning on cubase 5 and ran into an issue i record a instrument lets says a c2 key and then i add another instrument in the same key i a diffrent track and it sounds like not sincronized with the other c2 key, seems like the sound is not in the same hight [and it sound really crippy]
  • Joe A
    Re: cubase 6 isntruments adding sound really bad
    Hi - I think you'd probably have to try to provide a clearer, more specific description of what you're doing & hearing for any Cubase users to be able to offer any advice.. - What does it means when you say you 'record a instrument lets says a c2 key' -- do you mean you recorded an instrument part in the key of C..? - When you say 'i add another instrument in the same key i a diffrent track and it sounds like not sincronized with the other c2 key' what do you mean by 'not sincronized' -- synchronization usually refers to being in time, do you mean your second instrument part is out of time with the first, or do you mean it sounds out of tune..? - What do you mean by 'seems like the sound is not in the same hight'..? Are you saying that the second instrument sound is not the same volume [loudness] as the first instrument sound..?
  • Student491560
    when i add an instrument track in it the keys are diffrent from another instrument tack as you say like its out of tune, meaning the c2 key in instrument number 1 is not the same as the c2 key in instrument number 2 so yes its sound out of tune. i tought this could be a frequency issue the some how got change but i dont know how to get it back normally
  • Joe A
    If the second virtual instrument is out of tune compared to the first then one of the instruments might accidentally be transposed. I suppose this could happen within the instrument plug-in itself -- many virtual instruments have a tuning or transposition setting -- or I guess there could be a transpose value enabled in the track parameters [on the left] for one of the instrument tracks..? I'm not a Cubase user and I don't have access to any version of Cubase [Cubase 5 seems to be a really old version of Cubase], so without being able to poke around in your session I can't offer you any more specific advice, other than to look at both instrument plug-ins' settings [within the instrument plug-in windows] and the parameters for each instrument track, to see if there's an accidental transposition dialed up somewhere.. If you can't find any transposition settings that are causing the instruments to be tuned differently then I guess you could try a few tests.. - reload both instrument plug-ins and see if they then play in tune, or - make two new tracks and load the same two instruments on the new tracks and see if the new tracks play in tune, or - create a new session and load the same two instruments into that new session and see if they play in tune there..
You must be logged in to post a reply
Subscribe to receive an email for each new post on this thread. Please login
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: