macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Student492426
    Steinway piano sound
    A while ago, I found out about a website that sells the sound of the steinway piano sound. However, I cannot find the website now. Does anybody know about this? Thank you. I have gathered, you connect it with your studio once you pay to download it, and then you have access to the piano sound of a steinway piano.
  • Joe A
    Re: Steinway piano sound
    Hi - A lot of companies offer sample libraries that include various models of Steinway pianos [Steinway B, Steinway D, etc]. If you search for 'sample library steinway' you should be directed to a number of them [including Native Instruments, EastWest, Garritan, and many others, and even a piano modeler [Modartt] that includes Steinway emulations]..
  • Student492426
    Hi again Joe. I found this website, https://www.imperfectsamples.com/website/samples/steinwayconcertgrand/steinwaygrandpiano.php However, its not the one I am looking for, as I would recognise the site if I saw it. It was a while ago. I remember some features of the site being that you can pay extra money so that you can manipulate the sounds of the piano, or if you just want the basic sound of the steinway piano, you pay like 70 something dollars.
  • Joe A
    Hi - Maybe the Modartt modeled piano..? They have a smaller version that's mostly just playback and larger versions where you can tweak the sound, but none as inexpensive as $70 AFAIK.. But a lot of sample libraries do that as well -- off the top of my head I don't remember particular companies' options. I guess you may have to check out some of the [many] links that come up in searches for 'Steinway virtual instrument' or the like..
  • Student492426
    Joe, just a little help here. I have written a-lot of music on the piano. I want to begin recording this music. What piano sound should I go for? I don't have a problem with budget, I think the modartt, is a better option than the one I found earlier that I shared. I want a very good piano sound for recording piano. if I will go for the modartt, I won't go for the expensive one, just the simple one because I don't require tweaking and such. If I choose the modartt, I will probably go for the Pianoteq 7 stage. What is your advice? Thanks once again!
  • Student492426
    This looks good too, https://www.modartt.com/modelb
  • Student492426
    Or this: https://www.modartt.com/modeld
  • Joe A
    Yes, I've used the Modartt pianos and they're very good. I'm partial to the Steinway B, which is a classic 6' studio grand, but the D is a larger 9' concert grand with a bigger low end, which some people like better. If you're looking at the model packs, aren't they add-ons that require that you already own the basic plug-in ($149)? If so, I'm sure the basic plug-in already includes a bunch of different pianos, plus two additional packs apparently, and can be upgraded at any time to the larger, more programmable versions.. https://www.modartt.com/pianoteq_stage
  • Student492426
    Joe, I like the piano to have a big low end, so I will probably go for that. I know about that, but it seems its better to get the piano D, with the cheapest and simplest , the pianoteq 7 stage. thanks for all the help bro.
  • Student492426
    Joe, is there a big difference between the steinway sound of the simple Pianoteq 7 stage, and the the piano D, which is something you pay extra? Also, Joe, in garage band, there is a sound of steinway piano, is there a difference, between that and the Pianoteq 7 stage, in particular, the D steinway sound you pay extra for? Also, are both the Pianoteq 7 and the D steinway, accessible through garageband? Thanks so much again!
You must be logged in to post a reply
Subscribe to receive an email for each new post on this thread. Please login
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: