macProVideo.com
Forums
  • frankenstrudel
    Preserve headphone sends when changing drum kit?
    Joe, my recording template has four headphone sends for every track. But if the session drummer selects a new kit (Bluebird, Detroit, East Bay, Roots, etc.), this wipes out the sends. The track becomes the default for that new preset kit. (I bet this happens if the guitarist chooses a new preset, too.) Is there a way to prevent this? Hope so! Thanks, Frank
  • Joe A
    Re: Preserve headphone sends when changing drum kit?
    Hi Frank - It seems to depend how you're selecting a different kit.. - If you select a different kit from the preset menu inside the DKD plug-in it shouldn't change your Sends. - If you save a kit [or all your favorite kits] as a Channel Strip Setting [within the Channel Strip itself] and then load from there it shouldn't change your Sends. - If you select a different kit [a Patch] from the Library pane it will blow out your Sends, unless you Enable Patch Merging * at the bottom of the Library pane and deselect Sends -- then you can change kits there and it won't blow out the Sends you've added. * To enable Patch Merging click on the little gear icon at the lower left of the Library pane -- then select Enable Patch Merging, and deselect Sends. - But if you select a different Drummer at the top of the Library pane [rather than just selecting a different kit], then that will blow out the added Sends, regardless of whether Patch Merging is enabled or not. I don't see any workaround for that..
  • Joe A
    Re: Preserve headphone sends when changing drum kit?
    To continue the previous post.. A few caveats regarding Patch Merging: - It seems that you have to manually enable Patch Merging each time you close & re-open the Library pane. - Patch Merging is not available with the DKD Producer kits [the ones with all the drums in separate Channel Strips]. I guess you could avoid having to use Patch Merging by adding Sends to each kit, re-saving each kit Patch with those added Sends, and then opening that modified version that includes your added Sends. - If you select a different Drummer at the top of the Library pane [rather than just selecting a different kit], then that will blow out the added Sends, regardless of whether Patch Merging is enabled or not. I don't see any workaround for that..
You must be logged in to post a reply
Subscribe to receive an email for each new post on this thread. Please login
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: