macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Ika Ogbe
    Is it possible to enhance dialogue and background sounds in a noisy room?
    Hello everyone. I have several audios that I need to restore or at least clean as much as possible. They turn out to be recordings taken in a rather noisy room where there is an air conditioner and a fan. Some other external noise such as birds singing and cars passing by also sneak into the audio several times. My goal is to hear the dialogues and whispers that are in the background, that is, the dialogues, whispers and important sounds are in the background so they can be confused with background noise. Some samples of the audios in question are these: https://mega.nz/folder/TQ8wFCbZ#9nrKEFcSxRFymRhJfdMOOw
  • Joe A
    Re: Is it possible to enhance dialogue and background sounds in a noisy room?
    Some of the modules in iZotope RX might be worth trying out to eliminate some of the undesirable sounds and reveal the desired voices more clearly.. - You could try the Dialog Isolate module to try to remove everything except voices - You could try using the Voice De-noise module to select & Learn the steady sounds of the AC & fan and remove them - For more irregular unwanted sounds, you could try identifying & drawing them out graphically in the spectrogram display in the Spectral Repair module, though this can often involve a lot of trial & error - If the voices are in the center of a stereo recording, you could try MS techniques to isolate/extract the center and reduce/eliminate background sounds on the left & right sides [the Center Extract module in RX also does this] - The De-rustle & De-wind modules also address specific noise problems with dialog recordings [if either of those issues apply] But of course if the dialog/whispers you're trying to isolate are very quiet and buried in the background noise, it may be much more difficult for the software to differentiate them, and if it does, to isolate them without the usual watery, chirpy artifacts characteristic of pushing this kind of the processing to its limits. But I'm sure it's worth a try -- you'll just have to experiment to see what might work.. This RX course shows how the various modules work: https://www.macprovideo.com/course/izotope-rx-9-101---rx-9-video-manual?afid=E470KLQ7r9
You must be logged in to post a reply
Subscribe to receive an email for each new post on this thread. Please login
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: