macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Student469080
    Dreamweaver Page Graphics Are Suddenly Blank
    Hello Dreamweaver Users: I opened my Dreamweaver 8 program and found my opening page graphics suddenly blank. Help! I have no idea how this happened. I wish I could attache a screenshot. There just a bunch of blank rectangles now. ---- Gerald Gibson
  • Joe A
    Re: Dreamweaver Page Graphics Are Suddenly Blank
    Hi Gerald - The first thing I'd suggest is to close & re-open the program, and do a hard shutdown & restart -- sometimes that fixes odd one-off glitches. If that doesn't help, try an older version of the project, or a backup copy, in case there's actually corruption in the file itself. Does the problem happen in all Dreamweaver files or projects or just the one? Did you change any Preferences, or upgrade any components of the application or the OS? If you can isolate the circumstances when the issue occurs,, then you'll have a better chance of potentially sussing it out.. You could also try resetting Dreamweaver's Preferences, as per this Adobe Help page.. https://helpx.adobe.com/dreamweaver/kb/restore-preferences-dreamweaver.html
  • Student469080
    Thank you!
    Those suggestions are comprehensive and I will try them all. Something obvious struck me this morning, This all happened when I began transferring my programs and files from my old Dell laptop to my new Dell laptop. On the old Dell there is no problem whatsoever. The blanked out graphic is only on the Dreamweaver re-installed on the new Dell laptop. Since the graphic is a .png file I might to recreate it on the page affected by the transfer. I will also try your suggestions. Thank you, ---- Gerald Gibson (geraldgibson.com)
  • Joe A
    Re: Dreamweaver Page Graphics Are Suddenly Blank
    Hi Gerald - So in effect it is a new OS, and a different install of Dreamweaver (maybe with different Preference settings?).. There's so much opportunity for issues when transferring files from an older computer/OS to a new one. As a Mac guy I can't really theorize on potential issues that might be Windows-specific, but maybe a search for similar version-related or graphics-related problems might turn up some additional information..
You must be logged in to post a reply
Subscribe to receive an email for each new post on this thread. Please login
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: