Forums
This thread relates to...
Dreamweaver CS5 101
Core Dreamweaver CS5
by: geoffblake
More Info
  • Student475566
    Website widths in Dreamweaver CC 2019
    I'm working in Dreamweaver CC 2019. What are the dimensions in width to fit your web design from the left edge to the right edge of a Desktop computer screen (without any margins)? In other words, after doing your design in DW and you go to check it on a live browser, it should fit the entire screen from left to right. (Or does it have to do with the Responsiveness of the design?) I found several websites that gives dimensions, but they aren't necessarily always the same. For Bootstrap they mention a width of 1200px wide. In another article they say: "For designing a webpage in Web Design software: The most common design file resolution used by the digital agencies that we work with is 1440px wide, with the main content container that is 1140px. But 1920px is also very common." Can somebody advise? I can't seem to get my head around this one. I'm new to Dreamweaver as well. Thank you.
  • Joe A
    Re: Website widths in Dreamweaver CC 2019
    Hi - It's been a gazillion years since I tried my hand at web design (it was really rudimentary and it wasn't in Dreamweaver), but I seem to remember there being a way to get a background to automatically adapt to a site's width..? Can't remember any more about it, though.. I've linked to a Dreamweaver course here, but it is from a much older version -- perhaps another user or DW guru will notice the post and offer a suggestion.. You could also check out this Adobe Help page -- there are a bunch of tutorial videos, including some on Responsive web design, so maybe there'll be something in there that might help.. https://helpx.adobe.com/dreamweaver/tutorials.html
  • Student475566
    Re: Website widths in Dreamweaver CC 2019
    Thanks for that.
You must be logged in to post a reply
Subscribe to receive an email for each new post on this thread. Please login
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: