macProVideo.com
Forums
  • what ?
    Final Cut settings
    Hi everyone I'm new here, also new to editing and final cut. Hope everything goes well for you. I'm having a huge problem with Final Cut Pro. I filmed a concert with a friend using 2 cameras, one HD and one standard. So we captured our footage onto Final Cut on high definition settings, which is good for the footage on HD but the other footage appears smaller (which is no surprise) and we have to render every time we put it on the timeline, but it takes an hour to render just a couple of minutes (and we have 3 hours of footage :s ). So we thought ok, we'll edit what we have on the HD footage and then we'll make another project with standard settings and import the HD footage in there and keep editing the two. But the standard footage keeps being smaller on the new project and we still have to render it, and also the high definition footage appears smaller now. Basically we don't know how to fix this and make both footage work on the same project. Does anyone knows how to fix this or can point us in the right direction to make our project work with high definition and standard definition project? Thanks!
  • Ph
    Re: Final Cut settings
    Hey What? Which version of FCP are you using? I must admit that, being extremely new to Final Cut, I found the tutorials on this site well worth the price. PH
  • what ?
    Re: Final Cut settings
    I would think it is the last one or one before that one, but I'll have to check that. I would like to follow the tutorials but the computer is at college and in a room with no internet access. And yeah there's nobody at the college that can help us with this issue, so funny that nobody knows Final Cut too much 'cause almost everyone is an audio student or lecturer, there's only one video guy and he doesn't have a clue about Final Cut. Cheers!
You must be logged in to post a reply
Subscribe to receive an email for each new post on this thread. Please login
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: