macProVideo.com
Forums
  • edgy
    loading apps (FCP 2) minimizing load
    does anyone know the correct procedure for just loading the app of FCP 6 on a laptop (macbook Pro) 2.33 (only 54G left) and running it from an external drive? i have the program but i don't wanna load all of the extra stuff that come with loading the app. i just want to be able to load the apps and run and edit on an external drive. i've read in other forums that the fcp app is only 4G apps - xtra stuff =50G, can someone give me or point me to the right procedure/ settings so i can load just the apps and get moving with my projects. edgy
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: loading apps (FCP 2) minimizing load
    Hi edgy, Check out the "Installing your Final Cut Studio Software" pdf (it might also be a booklet that is included in FCS2?) [url]http://manuals.info.apple.com/en/Installing_Final_Cut_Studio_2.pdf[/url] Especially look at pages 8-9 for details on how to select a "Custom" install and which items can be installed onto non-default locations (and therefore an external HD). You cannot run any of the pro apps from an external HD that doesn't contain OS X. They need to be on the startup drive. However, much of the content can be deselected and not installed or installed to other locations. I'd recommend installing the content to one partition of an HD and set up your scratch disks and projects on another partition. Cheers Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Subscribe to receive an email for each new post on this thread. Please login
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: