macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Student458695
    No output from GarageBand
    I was working on a piece on GarageBand, got all of the live tracks and easy drummer tracks recorded with working audio all throughout. plugged in my midi keyboard and now I can't seem to get any output whatsoever. When I press play it looks like there is signal from the audio tracks but no sound comes out anywhere. I've tried swapping the output preferences from my focus rite and built in output with no luck. This hasn't affected any other GarageBand projects and my midi keyboard works just fine on other projects. Any ideas of how I can get the audio to work?
  • Joe A
    Re: No output from GarageBand
    Hi - Try this: Go to the Tracks menu and enable "Show Master Track" (Shift-Command-M); Make sure that the master output level slider has not been accidentally turned down or off (some MIDI keyboards may have a slider that outputs MIDI volume, which conceivably could have accidentally caused the overall volume to be turned down..). If that's not it, open the Smart Controls pane ("B"), switch the tab from Track to Master, and make sure no other controls or plug-ins might be active and causing the master output volume to be muted or turned down. If that's also not it.. Well, maybe try to copy/paste all the Regions into a new (blank) song, and see if they play properly there (in the Project itself has become corrupted)..?
  • Student458695
    Hi Joe nothing was muted and smart controls didn't help either. But I took your advice and copy/pasted all the tracks into a new session and that's done the trick. I think you're right about the project being corrupted thank you
  • Joe A
    You're welcome! I'm glad that worked :-) It could have been Project corruption, that can happen (on rare occasions). It even could possibly have been related to the fact that GarageBand is really Logic under the hood, and there are many Logic features in there that are hidden away from GB users, but sometimes still active in the code—it's conceivable that an accidental/mistyped key command might have changed a hidden setting, and then you're stuck. At least in this case the files/recordings were all fine, and now you're back in business. :-)
You must be logged in to post a reply
Subscribe to receive an email for each new post on this thread. Please login
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: