macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Student490496
    Slow down song keeping a continuous sound
    Hi! I don't know much about GarageBand and have only used it to slow down songs in order to learn to play them. My problem started after I installed Monterey and reinstalled GarageBand on my mac. Normally I just open an AIFF version of a song, press enable flex (button that looks like a dubble helix) and slow down the the tempo, which gives me a slower and stretched out song without changing pitch. The difference now is that the song is not stretched but rather chopped up in pieces, or in other words, the song is slower without loosing pitch but interspersed with gaps. Everywhere I search on the internet I can only find the routine I described first. Would be very grateful for any help!
  • Joe A
    Re: Slow down song keeping a continuous sound
    Hi - What you're doing should work, unless there's some kind of Flex bug in GB under Monterey [which is still a relatively new OS version]. Keep in mind that processing like Flex may not work as well on all audio and Flexing in GB sometimes can sometimes be a bit glitchy, but if it worked as expected previously then it does sees like the issue is most likely related to the upgrade. You've probably already done some or all of these, but some of the usual troubleshooting steps would include - Do a hard shutdown/restart - Test with several Projects with the same audio files that worked [Flexed properly] previously; - Test with a new Project with new audio files, to see if it's a file-related issue or a GB-related issue - Try smaller Tempo changes to see if it happens at any degree of Tempo change or only at larger amounts of Tempo change - Double-check the Flex-related settings in GB: in the Editor panel at the bottom, make sure Enable Flex is checked [under Track] and Follow Tempo & Pitch is checked [under Region] - Make sure that the internal HD is not too full [it should be about 20% empty, ideally]; - If the GB Projects and audio files are on a different HD make sure that's not too full as well - Try reinstalling GarageBand again Here's a link to Apple's GB troubleshooting page as well.. https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT205927 Btw, I deleted the duplicate post in the other forum, since that thread was not really about the same thing..
You must be logged in to post a reply
Subscribe to receive an email for each new post on this thread. Please login
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: