macProVideo.com
Forums
  • starbuckna
    Wordpress Basics Question
    In early part of Web Design 102 Wordpress Basics, author shows us how to set up locally hosted instance of Wordpress and says he'll show us later in a later lesson how to move it to a web host. Unfortunately he doesn't do this! I need to know how to migrate my locally installed installation to my web host now that I have it ready to go live. thanks pat
  • Skye
    Re: Wordpress Basics Question
    Hi Pat, It's fairly straight forward. I helped a friend with this last night. Upload your wordpress site to your online space. You'll need to export your local database and import it to your online database. Update your wp-config.php file with the online database credentials. Then there is a few queries you need to run on your database info in order to sanitize it for your new domain. See http://www.mydigitallife.info/2007/10/01/how-to-move-wordpress-blog-to-new-domain-or-location/ for the queries. Once those queries are run you should be good to go. Let me know how it goes.
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: