macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Meadowlark
    best midi keyboards for
    Thank you for this great forum. I would like to know which midi data controller keyboard will best suite working with garage band and cubase le on a mac book pro 10.4.11 tiger? I have a korg pa 50 arranger keyboard but don't understand why it won't allow passage of midi signals through to VSTI instruments in the cubase le program I am running through a presonus firepod. Could the problem be the software? As when I try to send the accompaniement tracks from the pa50 through the firepod to cubase le it clumps the tracks together instead of breaking the accompaniement (guitar/bass/drum/piano) tracks down and assigning them to individual tracks in cubase. If the problem is the software what do you recommend that is user friendly? And if not, and it is the keyboard that is the problem, I am looking at an axiom 61 midi data controller, but need an expert opinion. I would like to know if this will do the trick. Not very computer smart so please bear with me. Thanks so very much. Meadowlark
  • Christian L
    Re: best midi keyboards for
    Hi Meadowlark! Does your controller works well in Garageband ? If so, it should be okay... It's possible that this is setting in Cubase. Can you explain exactly what is not working ? Thanks! (I'll move this thread to the Gear section of the forum.)
  • Meadowlark
    Re: best midi keyboards for
    Hello Christian et Merci! The axiom 61 controller keyboard I have not received yet, but the korg pa50 is what I have been using in both garage band and cubase. In the best way that I can explain it, I cannot transfer saved sequenced recordings from the pa50 to garage band nor cubase without all the saved sequenced accompaniement tracks which consist of for example (guitar, bass, drum, piano) being jumbled. So whern I try and play back the song its all jumbled. What I need to do is break down the tracks from the pa50 recording so I can work on them one by one in cubase and garage band. Hope this explains what I am trying to do. Thanks Christian. Diane
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: