macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Deep Deon
    Korg KONTROL49 + Logic Pro 8
    Hello, I am in dire need of some guidance on this issue: My lovely girlfriend bought me a [b] Korg KONTROL49[/b] last Christmas so I could use it with Logic Pro 8. The problem is; I have no clue how to use it. Korg unfortunately does not supply any "beginners" advice on their site - they just assume you know [i]all[/i] of the basics, [i]and[/i] some deeper technicalities, about MIDI keyboards in general. This is the very first MIDI keyboard I've ever owned. The only thing [i]I[/i] can use it for is simply striking keys for recording MIDI data, but all of the other features are way too mind-bogglingly advanced for my understanding. This does not appear to be a beginner's MIDI board. I would love to learn how to use it, especially for [b]assigning the faders, pads, and knobs to the functions in Logic Pro 8[/b], but I cannot find any resources for this that don't already speak very advanced technical lingo. I own nearly all of the MPV videos on Logic Pro (even from back when I used LP 7), and I could've sworn I saw a chapter on "learning" functions to your MIDI keyboard, but I forgot where I saw it and cannot seem to find [i]that[/i] tutorial. Can anyone point me in the right direction on how to use my Korg KONTROL49 to it's full potential for Logic Pro 8? It really bums me out that I have such an incredible MIDI keyboard, but don't know jack about it. I deeply wish to learn and love this keyboard for all it's worth. Thank you!!
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Korg KONTROL49 + Logic Pro 8
    Hi Deep Deon Assigning a fader, pad and knob on your Korg can be just like assigning key commands in a way... For example, say you want to assign a knob to control the pan on a channel strip... 1. Move the "pan" pot on the channel strip. 2. Choose: Logic Pro > Preferences > Control Surfaces > You should see "Learn Assignment for Pan" select it (Cmnd-L) 3. Make sure Learn Mode button in lower right of window is highlighted grey. 4. Move a knob on the Korg to assign the pan control. 5.close the window... You're ready to go! You can also assign controls from any of the plug-ins too in the same way. By the way, there is also a "Learn" button by default in the menu bar at the top of the Logic Interface... Enjoy! Rounik
  • Christian L
    Re: Korg KONTROL49 + Logic Pro 8
    Hi guys, By the way, the chapters you were searching for are 192 and 193 of the Core Logic 101 tutorial. Have fun with you Korg Kontrol! Christian
You must be logged in to post a reply
Subscribe to receive an email for each new post on this thread. Please login
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: