macProVideo.com
Forums
  • AbbeyRhodes
    Melodyne DNA
    If you haven't seen this you really ought to check it out: http://www.celemony.com and click on Direct Note Access Basically they've discovered how to analyse the pitch of a polyphonic audio source and edit individual notes like a midi piano roll editor. Pretty amazing stuff, just think what you could do with your existing sample library. Anyway i thought i'd point out that you can save a bit of $$ if you buy melodyne plugin now and get the free upgrade when it comes out, as the price is going to increase when the new version comes out. They actually state this on the website and encourage people to do this to save money. I was going to do it, but then i decided to just bite the bullet and get melodyne studio, and it's awesome.
  • Eddie
    Re: Melodyne DNA
    Hi, Thanks for the post. I have been reviewing melodyne and am certain I want to add their product to my Logic studio. I was hoping you could tell me how well it integrates with logic. I thought about just buying the plugin and limiting myself to one track at a time to avoid confusion or host problems. But if it is a real simple and works right as a slave program I would rather have the option of multi track editing. Also, my main purpose for this is to create nice backing harmonies. I actually have tc helicons voice live. It makes real nice algorithms, but I have only messed with the presets. I was looking for a software version for ease of use. I know tc helicon makes a harmony plugin, and I know melodyne is capable of making harmonies, I just wish they had a more straightlined approach of choosing preset scales and such. Maybe they do, that's why Im asking for your feedback. Thanks, Eddie
You must be logged in to post a reply
Subscribe to receive an email for each new post on this thread. Please login
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: