macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Futant Mutant
    Re: Omnisphere released!
    lol...indeed it is... i'm waiting on the tutorials too 'cos there's even more to this thing than I expected (and that was a lot!) In the mean time i'm having too much fun using RMX patterns with the arp! I need to lift my jaw back off the floor and mop up the drool... Really want to dig deep with this thing, just can't wait for the tuts cos the RMX ones were excellent! Haven't really had any issues with it on my G5 with RMX running at same time but I haven't tested it much in multi-timbral mode yet. I'm not too worried cos I tend to bounce all the time any way. Although I have noticed it consume loads of RAM.
  • Bj
    Hi Rounik & Futant, After a completely painless installation and many cups of tea, I've just spent the last couple of hours being completely mesmerised by Omnisphere... Words fail me at the moment... Cheers, Bj
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Bj, In case you didn't know, the first batch of Omnisphere videos have been posted: [url]http://support.spectrasonics.net/instruments/omnisphere-tutorial-videos.php[/url] This link may not work if you are not logged on though. This instrument just keeps getting better and better the more I explore it! Thanks :-) Rounik
  • Bj
    Hi Rounik, Thanks for that, I'll pop over and get them... Cheers, Bj : )
  • Bj
    Hi Rounik, I picked up the first batch of Videos and had a quick look at a couple... Cool... Also there are 2 New Updates including the Atmosphere Patches and a Taste of Omnisphere... Very Cool... I am really enjoying this synth... : ) Cheers, Bj
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Bj, I'm really impressed with the synthesis aspects of Omnisphere, just using waveforms! When you begin adding their own sound sources it takes on an amazing quality! It's great having the atmosphere patches too. Really nice touch... Thanks for letting me know :-) Rounik
  • Futant Mutant
    still truly amazed by this beast but now i'm really lusting for a mac pro or a 3ghz imac cos my g5 powermac 2.3 isn't really up to it... At first it seemed fine but now i've had the chance to play with it a bit more and watched the tutorials... I'm going to install it on my macbook pro core2duo 2.2 (after putting a new hard drive in it, which is in the mail) and see what the difference is like. I'm thinking omnisphere doesn't work with logic node, right? (never used logic node before)
  • Rounik Admin
    HI Futant, I'm running it on a MBP 2.4, only 2GB ram (waiting to upgrade that to 4) with a 7200rpm drive and the sound library on a fast FW800 external... It's good... but i've only been able to load no more than 5 Omni patches, a couple of RMX outputs and a couple of light-ish logic instruments before things grind to a halt. Actually, that's quite a lot I guess... but I think upgrading the ram in my case will reap huge rewards. Ominsphere won't work with Logic node. If you go to Logic Pro > Preferences > Audio Units Manager you'll see a list of the audio unit plug-ins which are available to logic and the ones which can/can't use the node facility. Cheers Rounik
  • Bj
    Hi Rounik, Thanks for the tip about the node. I'm running 3 gig of RAM and so far no problems... but I can see that, in the not too distant future, more will be required. As is known; More RAM the better... up to a point... Have Fun exploring... : ) Cheers, Bj
  • Rounik Admin
    [quote:26194]I'm running 3 gig of RAM and so far no problems... but I can see that, in the not too distant future, more will be required. As is known; More RAM the better... up to a point...[/quote] Hi BJ! Also important is to use matched pairs apparently. I haven't any personal experience of this, but believe running the same brand of ram in multiples of 2 will give better results... Cheers :-) Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: