macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Omnisphere released!
    Hi Steve and Bj, I think what Steve means is whether you can load your own samples into Omnisphere?? If that's the question, when at this point in time this isn't possible. However, Omnisphere really is an evolving and continually growing beast of a synth, so who knows, it might be a feature in the future. Also, of note, Omnisphere's included sounds are extremely high quality (as is all the content by Spectrasonics that I've come across). More than that, the synth in Omnisphere is extremely powerful, flexible, and once you spend a bit of time with it, very easy to program and create immpressive sounds - using the included waveforms (triangle, sine, etc) and/or using the samples. Cheers Rounik
  • Bj
    Hi Rounik, Thanks for that... Couldn't agree more with your comments about Omnisphere and Spectrasonics... I really am enjoying this synth... Cheers, Bj
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Bj, It is something else... I feel like I still have so much to learn about and explore! Take care, Rounik btw, if you have any experience with hardware controller for Logic or any DAW, I've just started a new thread asking for people's opinions on controllers etc... [url]http://www.macprovideo.com/forum/general/gear&id=12713[/url] :-)
  • SJKukla
    Hi, and thanks to both of you, Yeah, I couldn't agree more about the quality of Spectrasonics stuff. I've had Atmosphere for about a year and a half now, and it was my by rote plugin for most of my work, even with the annoying wrapper... Good to know about the samples. I suppose I had dreams of creating a rad sound source in something like MAX/MSP or even with just a combination of Logic filters, and then processing it with the STEAM engine to see if MY sound source was anywhere near as cool as Diego's lightbulb. Thanks for the thread, Rounik! I'll be happy to add my 2 cents. Steve K
  • Bj
    Hi Rounik, Very good thread idea... be very cool to hear the feed back... : ) Cheers, Bj
  • Futant Mutant
    Does anyone know how to retrigger the oscillator on omnisphere every time a new midi-note plays? I'm writing a fast bassline of 16th notes at 165 bpm. Normally I just bounce the note I wan't into a sampler but exs24 seems to be giving me problems with distorting and putting clicks in the sound. I know it's not the audio 'cos it works fine in Kontact 2. Just wan't to be able to make my bassline without having to bounce it to audio 'cos the glide in omnisphere sounds awesome! (and I still don't know how to get glide to work in Kontact the way it works in exs24) cheers :)
  • Futant Mutant
    oh yeah, duh i know deactivate legato mode!
  • Bj
    Hi Guys, If you don't already know... there's a new software update: 1.0.2d for Omnisphere... It addresses a few annoying, mysterious little 'issues' that we've all probably come across... That said... I am really enjoying this Synth... every day a new discovery... Cheers, Bj
  • Rounik Admin
    Thanks for the heads up Bj! Cheers Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: