macProVideo.com
Forums
  • mmusic88
    Symphonic Orchestra ?
    Hi All, I'm planning to buy the symphonic orchestra platinum edition from quantum leap, and I was wondering if any of you already have the software and could answer my question. Well, I don't have the fastest computer. I have a Macbook Pro at 2.16 Ghz and 2GB of RAM. In the official webpage of the product says that the minimum requirements are a G5 2.5 GHz and 4GB, but at the guitar center site says the minimum is a G5 2.5 GHz and 2GB. Some other sites say that the software runs well in any intel computer, but I'm not sure about that. So, do you think I could have a problem if I install the software in my laptop? Could I run it well? What are your thoughts? I'd appreciate your help. Thanks! Best, fvs
  • Bj
    Re: Symphonic Orchestra ?
    Hi Fvs, In general with large software packages like this the faster the hard drive and the more RAM you have makes an exceptional difference to how it performs. The official webpage of the product says that the recommended requirements are a G5 2.5 GHz and 4GB RAM. What I think is also implied, by referring to a G5 2.5 GHz machine, is a hard drive speed of 7200rpm. IMHO, to minimise frustration and to facilitate smoothness of operation, I'd be wanting to meet the 'recommended requirements' to get the full benefit and use out of the software. These are my thoughts... Cheers, Bj
  • Neztic
    I have used it on an iMac 2.4ghz with 4gb in ram, it works like a charm. why dont you try it out as a demo? If i remember well, there were some demo dvds available from soundsonline website, i know it because i have the demo dvds for Ministry of Rock and Fab Four. :)
  • Bj
    Good suggestion Neztic, If you can try before you buy then give it a whirl Fvs... Let us know how you get on. Bj : )
  • mmusic88
    Thanks for your thoughts guys! I'll definitely try the demos. I'll let you know how it goes... cheers, -fvs
  • mmusic88
    I already found out about the demos, but there's no symphonic orchestra trial :( The reason why I also want to get this package is because of the rebate thing, which is great! I'm tempted to buy it... but I'll think about it. Peace
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: