macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Bongolicious
    saffire pro 40 issues??
    recently acquired a pro 40 and been test driving it and found an issue that may or may not be the pro 40 but I need some help with!!! Did a couple of sessions with it in logic and seemed to go well but when I went to listen to some prior work I created in garageband I notice a big difference in the audio of the tracks vs listening thru the computer??? the low end is distorted and crunchy (not smooth and round) !! so I opened these same tracks up in logic and they sounded the same coming out of the pro 40 vs from the computer???? remixed one in logic and that seemed to remedy it but all my old tracks from garage band sound like sh--? but if I unhook pro 40 and listen via computer sounds fine?? run macbook pro10.4.11, Logic Pro 8.0.2, garageband 08 4.1.2! mackie hr824mk2's. Any help? what is sample rate in garage band? I know the bit rate is set @ 24, same as in logic but why the difference in audio out?
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: saffire pro 40 issues??
    Hi Bongolicious, Thanks for posting this again. I think GB's sample rate is set to 44.1. Is it possible that when listening to your GB mixes through the MBP's internal speakers you can simply not hear the low end in as much detail? You don't mention which monitors you are using and how you've set them up. What did you do to remedy the mix of the GB songs in Logic? Cheers Rounik
  • Bongolicious
    Re: saffire pro 40 issues??
    before the pro 40 i listened either with headphones out of the macbook pro or with a 1/8' to xlr split out of the headphone port to my mackie's and the low end was extremely phat, now i either use the headphone port or out the back of the pro 40 run my monitors thru the monitors out.
You must be logged in to post a reply
Subscribe to receive an email for each new post on this thread. Please login
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: