macProVideo.com
Forums
  • drumchile
    Motu 828 mk3
    My motu is not appearing as an option in my audio MIDI setup (audio screen). I reinstalled the CD and installed the recent updates and still nothing. When i turn on my motu the audio set up does not appear. Have checked firewire port and it's working. Changed firewire cables. Still nothing. Sorry my explanation is not clear i'm half asleep from being up all night messing with this. Anybody have any ideas? I must note that when i did the cd reinstall it said that the file MOTUFireWireAudio.kext did not install properly. I thought the updated driver i installed fixed it since it installed fine but still no motu. Anybody have any ideas?
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Motu 828 mk3
    Hi drumchile, Can you download the full driver direct from MOTU? Sounds like the file that didn't install could be quite important if your MOTU doesn't even appear in Audio MIDI Setup. Have you disconnected the MOTU, restarted your Mac, repaired permission: [url]http://www.macprovideo.com/forum/general/general-general&id=13874[/url] then restarted again - used a different firewire cable and firewire port to connect the MOTU to your Mac... These are the things that spring to mind. Is there another Mac you can try connecting it to? Rounik
  • drumchile
    Re: Motu 828 mk3
    Was a prob with OS but all is alright now. Thank you for your help though. It's greatly appreciated.
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: