macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Straight Shooter
    Going from apple to TV
    I want to go from my new mac book pro 13" to my 42" Panasonic plasma TV. Can You tell me specifically what adaptors and chords I need so I can order them directly from Amazon .com without ordering the wrong connectors? I believe I might need either a DVI-I or DVI-D adapter, and a DVI to HDMI cable, however, I'm not sure. Here's my mac specs: Hardware Overview: Model Name: MacBook Pro Model Identifier: MacBookPro7,1 Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo Processor Speed: 2.4 GHz Number Of Processors: 1 Total Number Of Cores: 2 L2 Cache: 3 MB Memory: 4 GB Bus Speed: 1.07 GHz Boot ROM Version: MBP71.0039.B05 SMC Version (system): 1.62f6 Thanks again for the great help!!!
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Going from apple to TV
    Hey Straight Shooter, What inputs does your Panasonic plasma tv have? HDMI / DVI? That will determine what cable adaptor you need.
  • Straight Shooter
    There's an HDMI port-hole in the back of my unit.
  • Rounik Admin
    I haven't tried this myself, but look like you need a Mini-Display port to HDMI adaptor connector. All the most recent MacBook Pro's have a Mini Display port btw. Check out the reviews for this one from Amazon in the UK store: [url]http://www.amazon.co.uk/Apple-DisplayPort-Adapter-cable-Neet®/dp/B002ERBFYM[/url] Do post back and let us know how well this works for you. Cheers Rounik
  • Skye
    How new is your MBP? Apple only recently started releasing MBP's with the Mini Display port that carries audio. Older models only carry video over Mini Display so if you have an older model you will need an additional cable to carry audio to your TV.
    The MBP uses Thunderbolt I/O that utilized the same hardware config has the MDP. However, it is capable of run mining upwards of 5 HD monitors using an adapter. If you have thunderbolt and not the old MDP you will have audio support. MDP does not support audio and so you will need a 3mm to RCA jacks audio cord. Have fun
You must be logged in to post a reply
Subscribe to receive an email for each new post on this thread. Please login
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: