macProVideo.com
Forums
  • aheadofthegame
    best control surface
    Hello everyone, I need some input on control surfaces. Currently I am using 3 Behringer BCF3000's in Mackie Mode. They work perfectly for controlling levels and panning. However, they suck when trying to control plugins. I have downloaded the app which act as scribble strips for these devices, but that still doesn't help much. Right now I am considering purchasing the Mackie Pro controller with 2 extenders, Avid Control with 2 Avid Mix controllers, the Icon Qcon Pro with two extenders, SSL Nucleus, or the Mixed Logic M24. Can you please give me your opinions of these devices, pros and cons. Thank you
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: best control surface
    Hi! You don't mention which DAW you are using... Logic, Pro Tools or Ableton? Do you wish to primarily use this for mixing, tracking or perhaps also for any kind of live performance? Also, if you have an iPad at your disposal I'd highly recommend checking out V-Control, Lemur or other similar style controller app... might surprise you just how good an iPad can be as a control surface :)
  • BenB
    Just my 2 cents while we're talking about it. I love my EuCom MC Mix, now Avid MC Mix. Very affordable, pro quality (Pete Townsend uses them in his personal studio) 8 channel mixing surface with lots of controls. You can connect several of these together to grow them as you grow your own stuido. The best iPad controller I've used is AC-7 Core HD which works with ProTools, Logic Pro, and others.
  • aheadofthegame
    Sorry, I am currently using Cubase 7.
  • BenB
    It should all work with Cubase, too. Shop around.
  • GaryHiebner
    You could check out Livid's new Base controller. Looks very interesting. All touchscreen, so no moving parts. definitely ideal if you travel around with your gear. [url]http://www.macprovideo.com/hub/audio-hardware/preview-livid-base-touch-sensitive-controller-at-an-attractive-price[/url]
  • GaryHiebner
    You could check out Livid's new Base controller. Looks very interesting. All touchscreen, so no moving parts. definitely ideal if you travel around with your gear. [url]http://www.macprovideo.com/hub/audio-hardware/preview-livid-base-touch-sensitive-controller-at-an-attractive-price[/url]
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: