macProVideo.com
Forums
  • aheadofthegame
    best control surface
    Hello everyone, I need some input on control surfaces. Currently I am using 3 Behringer BCF3000's in Mackie Mode. They work perfectly for controlling levels and panning. However, they suck when trying to control plugins. I have downloaded the app which act as scribble strips for these devices, but that still doesn't help much. Right now I am considering purchasing the Mackie Pro controller with 2 extenders, Avid Control with 2 Avid Mix controllers, the Icon Qcon Pro with two extenders, SSL Nucleus, or the Mixed Logic M24. Can you please give me your opinions of these devices, pros and cons. Thank you
  • Robbie Dee
    Re: best control surface
    I have an SSL Nucleus. I haven't used the others so I cant comment on them. I LOVE my SSL! It takes a bit to set up but once it is up and running the way you want it to, its great. It is expensive, but when I was looking I didnt have an audio interface so it was perfect for me. And I guess thats where the catch is - its whatever is perfect for you. I use the SSL with Logic and it works great together. Ive never had an issue. And for controlling plugins etc is amazing - the flip button is so handy - you can control things with either a knob or a fader. I come from a live music backround so I suck using a mouse - thats why I love the SSL. it takes alot of the mouse controls away. let me know if you want any more info - happy to help.
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: