macProVideo.com
Forums
  • champ
    studio monitors sound set up how?
    HI all Sorry if I post this in the wrong area but am not sure how to set up my studio monitors for best sound I have read on how to do it but still don't get it as everyone has different devices and room I Have the KRKS ROCKET 6 my gear I have analogue DJ mixer that that has trim-grain for volume control for left and right channels and master as the as the main volume I also have a Behringer Xenyx 802 line mixer and a pair of KRK rocket 6 active monitors set up like so analogue DJ mixer into behringer line mixer input line 3/4 then the krk active monitors into the behringer line mixer input main out (input for active speakers ) I have tried to follow the 0 db rule but my analogue DJ mixer monitor output seems to always clip (red) no matter how low I turn the volume down on all my connected gear left and right channel are fine can get it to 0 and doesn't clip stays green even though the volume is to low hard to hear I have even put my KRK active speakers on 0db and monitor output (does not have it own vol control) on DJ mixer still goes red the maximum volume and default is +6db but I put it to 0db I know this is wrong but I just want to make sure I don't blow them before I know how to set them correctly are there any videos out there someone could post that really shows how to set them up the right way iv seen a few vids but and read a few things but It did not really explane much
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: