macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Darren
    Remix contest song length
    Hi, I was just thinking that you guys are going to have a lot of songs to judge. Is there a time you would like us to keep them under? Is seven minutes too long? Cheers Darren.
  • Funkymonkey
    Re: Remix contest song length
    I wondered this too. There's a 10MB file size limit on the 192kbit/s mp3 which we need to upload. Using the mp3 file size calculator at [url]http://www.rvmsounds.com/calculator/[/url] this turns out to be 7mins 7secs. I guess if you mix in mono this would double ;-)
  • Revo
    Can we go 192kbs VBR?
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi I'm not involved in judging the entries at all, but I assume that if it makes your mix better then go VBR! :) Rounik
  • Richard Nash
    I had to drop to 160 kbps to get my track under 10 megs... so that means the track was over 8 and a half minutes. I really had no other choice. I would rather submit a little bit more lossy version of the track, then go all Benihana on it and ruin a masterpiece of building tension and suspence ;-) Point being, it would have been nice to have a larger cap on the file size. But I digress... MP
  • Richard Nash
    ...and I might add that I used VBR as well... anything to get the size down.., but VBR didn't do too much for me. YMMV. MP
  • Funkymonkey
    Well, I suppose they've got over 2000 entries to listen to, so they'll be grateful for as short as possible entries... Anyway, they specifically requested 192 kbps so I personally wouldn't have wanted to risk disqualification after spending so much time on my entry. Still can't believe they had over 2000 entries. My heart sank when I read it :-(
  • Revo
    @Funkymonkey me too! it's impossible to believe that they have sold over 2000 copies of Logic 404: Mixing Electronica and that over 2000 of those purchasers entered the contest. I kind of wish it was closed off to only buyers of their products.
  • Funkymonkey
    But then that kind of defeats the purpose of using the contest for raising publicity...!
  • Richard Nash
    If they are gonna do it right, it will take a few months to get through all the submissions. In hindsight, I should have taken the mix-in/mix-out's off the record. Would have cut 2:30 off the submission. But then again, I e-mailed them to ask and they said to just send it in. Didn't really get an answer. I don't know. We'll see. Maybe I'll ask on the forum here. Anyway, didn't think it would matter because I thought the contest was only open to people who bought the tutorial and I figured that it would be a couple hundred submissions. You live and you learn I guess. MP
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: