macProVideo.com
Forums
  • bENESKI
    Simple sampling
    Hi. I have an iMac running Logic 8. I want to capture some samples to mess with from the web -- i.e. sample youtube video audio. On a PC I would use the OS sound recorder and then import wav into Cubase/Logic---dead simple. On my iMac I can't work out how to perform this operation. Any suggestions? Many thanks
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Simple sampling
    Hi bENESKI, Welcome to the forums :-) Check out audio hijack pro [url]http://www.rogueamoeba.com/audiohijackpro/[/url] and Wiretap (which used to have a free version, so do search around google for it): [url]http://www.ambrosiasw.com/utilities/wiretap/[/url] You could, depending on your audio interface take the output from the audio interface and feed it back in to an input and record in Logic in theory too, but the above apps are much more convenient IMHO. Cheers Rounik
  • bENESKI
    Fantastic --cheers Rounik, I'll take a look. I've been thinking about the loop back from output to input but with the Mac being a breath of fresh air compared to Windows I reckoned there must be a better way....I'll give audio hijack a go great site btw :)
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi bENESKI, No problem & thank you for your kind words :-) Both Audio hijack and wiretap are great. Hope you enjoy using them and of course pop back here whenever you like :-) Rounik
  • bENESKI
    Success -- Hijack seems a very slick piece of kit and did the job perfectly. :)
  • Revo
    +1 for audiohijack! Use if all the time to record internet radio.
You must be logged in to post a reply
Subscribe to receive an email for each new post on this thread. Please login
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: