macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: New Macbooks & Macbook Pro's
    yup... gotta be positive ;-)))
  • Richard Nash
    It is time to rise up!!! I think if enough people make enough noise they won't ignore us. I put in my opinion on their feedback page and I encourage others to do the same. [url]http://www.apple.com/feedback/macbook.html[/url] A FW 400 or 800 port is a must of any new notebook, especially one as enticing as the new MacBook's are!! I really like everything else about them, but no FW port is a complete and total deal breaker! MP
  • manaus
    So what about the Apple, Apogee (and Euphonix) collaboration??? The Duet is Firewire 400 only so is the Ensamble ......... Macbooks even The one they call PRO is no pro at all........ what about about my external hard drives????? It's high time I start looking at Pro Tools and get a nice superpowerful PC. What really get on my nerves is that I bought logic 7 when the price was 950 Euro then I even updated and now if I want a better perfoming machine the only option left is get a mac pro. But I travel a lot and I produce very often in hotels room.......... very very disappointed!!!!!!!!!
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Manaus, It's easy to get a Firewire 800 to 400 cable. This will work fine on the Macbook Pro (which has a firewire 800 port). Also, with the ExpressCard/34 slot on the MBP you can buy a card that will give you an extra firewire or eSATA (even better for fast HD's) connection. I've never tried running my Apogee Duet via a firewire hub, but apparently it works well and this method is endorsed by Apogee. I'm not sure about the Ensemble though, best to check directly with Apogee. But, I understand what you're saying. Check out the feedback link above to register your feelings directly with Apple. Take care, Rounik
  • manaus
    Well I know but still there are 3 I repeat thre port less on the new macbooks pro ......... And I know you perfectly know what I mean ....... The truth IMO is that Apple is becaming just like a average PC with the nicest design and the strogest body available right now on the market (this of course are very good points) but I can't find any reasonable reason to drop so many ports WE NEED THEM ..... If for examble I were to run a audio interface and two external hard drive i would have to rely on bloody USB ports as any average pc!!!!!!! no way!!!!
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi manaus, Yes, I agree. USB is no substitute for using audio interfaces or streaming content from external HD's. I'm really relieved I have a previous generation MBP with a Firewire 400 and a Firewire800. Funnily enough, when I got his MBP I wished it had an extra FW400 :-D Now, I'm just grateful it has a dedicated FW400... Best Rounik
  • Rounik Admin
    News in from Apogee, The Duet and Ensemble will work fine with the MacBook Pro's Firewire 800 port bu using a firewire 400 to 800 cable. [url]http://www.apogeedigital.com/products/ensemble-duet_compatibility.php[/url] Cheers Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: