macProVideo.com
Forums
  • crsmany
    Dump the New Icon
    LOSE THE STUPID LOOKING ICON. I have immediately removed the NED Icon from my Dock and it will not return until NED returns to something more professional looking. I honestly don't know what you guys are thinking; why in the world would you create an awful cartoonish character to represent your product. It is a (very bad) reminder of the stupid Paperclip Help Icon character Microsoft tried to foist on the world. Not only that but you expect us to look at it every time I turn on the NED player at the bottom?! Come on... this is simply ridiculous. I've have 10 of your tutorial packages installed so I'm a fairly loyal customer of yours, but PLEASE! DUMP THIS ICON. It's an embarrassment to a fine product line. Chris
  • Stefan
    Re: Dump the New Icon
    Hi Chris, I'm frightened to update now! Even though I haven't seen the icon! Has halloween come late? Stefan
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Stefan, Regardless of the icon (!) you can download NED 3 - rename NED 2 (in your applications folder) and they can both co-exist on your system. So if you really wish you can use NED2. IMHO, NED 3 is even better than NED 2 to use and look at. But, as I said... that's just my opinion. If the design of an icon offends you in the Dock - which has happened to me with other app's in the past - it's easy to change the icon. If you want me to explain how to do this let me know. Cheers :-) Rounik
  • Stefan
    Hi Rounik, I'm just having a bit of fun. Looking forward to using the updated application when I have a moment. Just in case, how can you change the icon that shows in the dock? Thanks, Stefan
  • Stefan
    Hi Rounik, Just updated to NED 3 and its pretty cool! (but unfortunately I hate the logo too and would love to change it). Love the tutorials and the operating system. Like the way it has variable speed control! Stefan
  • Rounik Admin
    cool. Glad to hear you're enjoying the Ned 3 experience. Well, it's quite easy to change the icons in OS X once you know how ;-) Let's say you want to swap or copy the Logic 8 application icon onto a new folder (to make it a Logic folder where you keep your projects!) 1. Go to Applications/ and select the Logic 8 icon. 2. choose File > Get Info (Cmd-I) 3. Click on the icon in the Get Info window (top left). If is has a blue highlighted border it is selected. 4. Copy the selected icon. Press Cmd-C. 5. Go to folder you want to copy the Logic icon to and press Cmd-I. 6. Select the icon of the folder in the Get Info window (so it has a blue border) and paste in to it (Cmd-V). That's it, you've now got a Logic folder with the Logic 8 icon on it, so you can either drag it to the dock (to confuse yourself) or keep it wherever, and place your project folders in it... Cheers Rounik
  • Stefan
    Thanks for that! I now have a new, personalised, N.E.D. logo in my dock and I'm thinking of making a better one to replace Logic's too! Cool! So, it isn't really a problem anymore. Stefan
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: