macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Pierre Seguin
    iWEB with 2 computers
    Hi everyone, I am new to iWeb and have followed the excellent tutorial of Francesco Schiavon. I did a web site on my desktop MacPro using iWEB.I am pretty happy with the results. Two questions comes to my mind: 1- Where does iWeb stores the files I created when I save my work? 2- How to had pages on that site I created at home on the Mac Pro to the blog section on that same web site with my Macbook while travelling? I am sure someone else already asked those questions but could not find any information. Thanks Pierre
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: iWEB with 2 computers
    Hi Pierre, Welcome to macprovideo.com forums! Glad to hear you've enjoyed the iWeb tutorial :) 1. iWeb stores it files: User/*Username*/Library/Application Support/iWeb The file, I believe, is called "Domain'. All the graphics, movie, text, audio data are stored in the file. You can peek inside by ctrl-clicking on the file and select "Show package contents". A new Finder window will open and show you the saved files within the iWeb project. 2. I haven't tried this, but in theory you can copy the file above to your Macbook (to the same folder location as above)... then when you open iWeb on your Macbook it will open the same "domain" project.... Remember to keep backups of the file to help you keep track of which is the most current version. By the way, your questions haven't been asked before AFAIK... Please feel free to ask any questions you might have or add any comments... :) Thanks Rounik
  • Pierre Seguin
    Yo Rounik! You are the man! It works beautifully. Thanks! I am surprised that no one asked those questions. Don't worry, if I get stuck again , I, now, know where to go. Thanks again. Pierre
  • Rounik Admin
    My pleasure Pierre! Glad it's helped :) Of course, feel free to pop back here whenever you have any questions... or just to say hi or share anything within this community. Thanks Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: