macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Brogan
    Adding a new internal drive
    Hello everyone out there. I was just wondering if anyone knew the answer to the following riddle; you are free to guess or ask for hints but only one answer is right. If a person had a G5 powermac that currently has an internal hard drive (model: ST3160023AS) but wanted to upgrade to a Seagate Barracuda 7200.11 1.5TB Hard Drive, would that person be able to do so, (is the new Seagate compatible with the powermacs) and would the new drive need to replace the old one or can it be input in a secondary slot. And how much wood would a woodchuck chuck . . . I greatly appreciate any advice.
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Adding a new internal drive
    Hi Brogan, If a woodchuck could chuck wood and would chuck wood would a woodchuck chuck wood? Well, you don't mention whether the G5 is a dual or not... but I've found this site, based in the UK, which appears to specialize in HD upgrades for Mac's: (and the Seagate you mention is listed here) [url]http://www.macupgrades.co.uk/store/index.php?cPath=27&gclid=CIGx6MSSspkCFc4WzAodgkQi6w[/url] HTH Rounik
  • Brogan
    Re: Adding a new internal drive
    That site is a life-saver like no other. Thank you many many times.
You must be logged in to post a reply
Subscribe to receive an email for each new post on this thread. Please login
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: