macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Scottylad
    New "HD" tutorial format: Poor video quality
    I just purchased three of your new tutorials in the new "HD" format and I must admit that I am very disappointed. I hope this does not represent the direction of your format. I've been a customer for some time now and have purchased most of your Logic tutorials as well as many others. You've always been my first-stop source for music production tutorials. The problem is with the format itself. Incidentally, I am only interested in offline viewing and do not wish to purchase the subscription. The only download link that I saw for the new tutorials was for "HD". My NED player on Windows self-updated, and my old tutorials still play fine. The problem is with the video quality of the new tutorials. While they are now in a "wide screen" format, the quality is really awful. They look very low resolution and blurry, and it is very difficult to see any level of detail. I can play my older tutorials in their standard aspect ratio, and they look clear and crisp - this has always been one of your selling points. I've always enjoyed curling up with one of your tutorials and spending a Saturday, but I cannot imagine spending any length of time with your new tutorials due to the poor visual quality. A wide aspect ratio does not "High Definition" make. The videos are now both distorted and fuzzy, blocky, and very difficult to read. I've confirmed this on the Omnisphere, Pro Tools Mastering, and Ableton 8 tutorials I just purchased. Do you have these tutorials in the older format? Please take this to heart, as I hope that this is not a harbinger of things to come. I just spent a significant amount of money on tutorials that I feel that I cannot spend any time with. You're too good to let this technical issue stand in the way of your excellent content. Please consider bringing back the standard format if it's not already an option.
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: New "HD" tutorial fo...
    Hello Scottylad, For quote some time all the download tutorials have been HD quality... I have just downloaded Omnisphere 101 to my Mac and feel that the quality of the tutorial is great. The text in video 2 for example is crisp even zoomed in at 150% and at 200% is extremely readable. The same as before. AFAIK all that has really changed is the dimension (widescreen). This video format has been in use for quite a few months with no other negative feedback that I've come across. In fact I might add on my system here at home the quality of the new aspect ratio tutorials (wide screen HD) is better than the old non widescreen HD tutorials. Please could you list the spec of your PC. e.g. is it's display HD compatible? Do you have the latest version of Quicktime? It might be a good idea to contact our Support Team to help you with this specific issue too: [url]https://www.macprovideo.com/support/[/url] Thanks Rounik
  • Scottylad
    Rounik: I did upgrade Quicktime to version 7.6.2 (the lastest), and that has helped somewhat. However, I'm one of those folks who prefers a CRT. I'm using a 20" P1110 Trinitron at 1280x1024. I also prefer to run my Tutorials on my Windows XP system, and work with my DAW on my Mac. I own 26 of your tutorials, and the majority of them are in the standard aspect ratio format, which looks great. I only recently purchased a few tutorials that were apparently available only in the "HD" format. With my system only 50% or 75% is available; 100%, 150% and 200% are greyed out. Are the newer tutorials still available in the standard aspect ratio format?
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Scottylad, Thanks for listing the info. I believe the videos are shot in this 'wide screen' aspect ratio... but I don't have a definitive answer for you so I would suggest you contact our Support Team directly: [url]http://www.macprovideo.com/support/[/url] Thanks Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: