macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Wipavue
    The Melodyne Tutorial
    Hello, Yesterday, I purchased the Melodyne tutorial. Before purchase, I scanned the general info and saw it advertised as being 180 minutes. I bought it on the assumption that, given the advertised length, it would go deeper than the free tutorials on the Celemony site. I was disappointed to find that the tutorial is only 100 minutes long, and does not really tell me much more than the free vids at Celemony. I put in a request to Support for a refund, as I would not have purchased this tut has I known that it was 80 minutes shorter than it was announced to be. The tut duration on its page has been updated, so I know that the issue has been noted, yet I have received no reply from Support (it is about 24 hours now). I would like either a refund, or a credit to purchase another tutorial. I don't think this is too much to ask under the circumstances. Thank you, Glenn
  • Wipavue
    Re: The Melodyne Tutorial
    Still no reply to my message to Support. Why am I not getting a warm, fuzzy, feeling about this?
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Glenn, I just checked our Support area and can't see your message so assume it has been replied to.... Can you double-check your spam/junk list... Also, are you sure the message got sent? Actually, I've just looked through the Support history since Tuesday midday... I can't see your message there, Glenn... Oddly enough someone else wrote on the Tuesday about some amendments to chapters, etc for the Melodyne tutorial - so that must be why the info was updated. Please do contact Support again: [url]http://www.macprovideo.com/support/[/url] And if possible, post back here when you've done so, so I can check to make sure it has been received in our system. Hope to re-instate that warm fizzy feeling for you Glenn! Best Rounik
  • Wipavue
    Hi Rounik, Thank you for your reply. The assigned reference number is MPV-100526-05732. I received the confirmation right after I sent it, and none of MPVs emails have ever gone into my spam folder. Could you please look again before I go through the process again? Thanks, Glenn PS, the chapters on the Formant and Amplitude tools were inverted, and 'Formant' was spelled 'format,' which made the title 'What's a Format' a little confusing--especially when it was discussing the Amplitude tool.
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Glenn, I just double-checked and searched in different ways and indeed I can find the support tickets ...31 and ...33 but not ...32. Very odd. Everything else checks out as it should. Can't explain this one. Please do send again. If it's easier copy and paste your original message from this thread. Let me know when you've re-posted and I'll check to make sure we've received it... Best Rounik RE: Formant: Thanks for the heads up on this - I'll pass it on :)
  • Wipavue
    Hi Rounik, New message sent; confirmation # MPV-100528-05762. Thanks, Glenn
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Glenn, Thanks! Your support ticket has been logged and I'll keep an eye on it too :) Have a great day! Rounik
  • Wipavue
    Well Rounik, It seems I am getting shafted. Here was the reply from 'Support:' > Hi Glenn, > > Thank you for pointing out the mistake on our website. It has since been corrected. > > After watching the full tutorial and only paying half price for it, we feel that this small website error does not warrant a refund. > > Please let me know if you have any further questions or concerns. > > > Thank you. > > - > Skye Chilton > macProVideo.com > > _______________ To which I replied: Small website error? I bought this tutorial under misleading circumstances. As I said, I would not have purchased it had I known it was only 100 minutes, hardly more than HALF what was advertised. It was your error, not mine. Good thing I took a screen capture of the original length. I expect this will be the last time we do business. Anytime anyone asks about your tutorials, I will share my experience with them and tell them 'caveat emptor.' That is 'buyer beware' in case you don't know. It is a shame, really, because I have been a good customer. You've just lost that custom due to your own mistake, and your refusal to make good on it compounds this mistake. Glenn You seem like a decent guy, Rounik, and I suggest you reflect on the ethics of your employer. In any case, I wish you well. [img]http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii74/MADDWASP/melodynej.jpg[/img]
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Glenn, Sorry to hear this. I should have communicated directly with Support, so he was fully aware of the situation before replying to your Support message. That's my mistake. Let me make this good. If we can do this through Support that will be easier... I'll reply to you on Support... :) Rounik
  • Wipavue
    Thanks, Rounik. I really don't think I am being unreasonable here.
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: