macProVideo.com
Forums
  • kino-mad
    idisk - Upload Troubleshooting
    Hi everyone, i am experiencing the following problem with idisk: when uploading a file bigger than 60mb it gets stuck half way through. I have tried doing it - with different web browsers (safari, Firefox) - with the idisk mirror folder on computer - with 3rd party softwares (cyberdusk, anyclient) Nothing has worked so far... Has any one please got any suggestion to solve this issue? Many thanks! - Lio
  • Christian L
    Re: idisk - Upload Troubleshooting...
    Hi Kino-Mad and welcome to the forums! Do you get any error message or do you see the progress indicator spinning endlessly ? If you get an error, please tell me the exact error message. If you see that the progress bar is stalling, I suggest you try to upload your file again and go away for a while... make some chocolate cookies, walk your dog or go visit a friend. The file will probably eventually transfer. Let me know how it goes! Christian
  • kino-mad
    Hi Christian, thanks for the welcome! To be a bit more precise on the issue... - if using web browser (safari or firefox) it gets stuck. - If using idisk mirror folder it stops and says upload failed. - If using third party softwares (like cyberduck) it stops and says upload failed. What it does each time is that it goes up to about 40 mb of the upload in a fairly reasonable speed then just doesn't move any more. Trust me the dog (if i had one) would have time to have babies before this finishes. Anyhow thanks for your time! Cheers!
  • Skye
    Have you reached your disk quota?
  • kino-mad
    Hello there, thanks for your help! No, i have another 10GB to go. The files i am trying to load up are under 200mb.
  • Skye
    hmmm....I'm not to sure. I don't use the service. I would try the Apple Discussion Forums for iDisk and see what you come up with. [url]http://discussions.apple.com/forum.jspa?forumID=963&start=0[/url] I found some similar threads there from searching google about 'idisk upload fails' Hope this helps.
  • kino-mad
    Yes i have been on the apple forum. Everyone complains about the service but not any solutions in sight. Anyway thanks, - L
  • Skye
    Did you try this webdav client? [url]http://www.anyclient.com[/url] from [url]http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?threadID=1673548&tstart=0[/url]
  • kino-mad
    Yes indeed! If you don't mind looking at my first two posts. I detailed what have tried already. Thanks again!
  • Skye
    My bad.
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: